Those of you who have been tuning in to read my rants about suburban living, attempts at self-motivation, and the stresses of parenting while trying to find a new direction in life may notice the focus of my blog shifting a little. What's happened, you ask? Well, I'll tell you. If you remember my very first posting (and I know you all read my blogs repeatedly and can recite them by heart) I said this would be the Year of Paula. Well, I’m as surprised as anyone to be able to say it really became just that.
Here is what I’ve done within the last 10 months in no particular order:
- Passed the Art Teaching praxis test.
- Received my certification to teach art in NJ which now requires me to find gainful employment. No more bon-bon eating for me.
- Started sketch work on a mural being designed at the request of my town Mayor.
- Started a home-based art program “Picasso’s Basement” where I have been teaching young children from my newly cleaned (although not quite renovated) basement.
- Vacuumed the floor. At least twice.
- Returned to the workforce as a substitute teacher in the local elementary and middle schools (High school schedule was too difficult to work out with my kids. Although that did not stop the automated system from attempting to retain my services as a fill-in for the male Gym Teacher. Those who know me may appropriately guffaw now.)
So here’s what you’ll probably see a lot more of in my future blog posts:
- Art projects and lessons
- Photos of cute kids “arting”
- Photos of my basement
- Craft ideas
- My sketches
Here's what I promise you won't ever have to see:
- Photos of me from behind picking up the mess left behind by cute kids who were busy "arting". Not to say I won't clean up but no photo of me taken from behind can be allowed to be publicly displayed. Photos of me from behind are THE main reason why digital cameras have all been equipped with a DELETE button. I promise you it's true. Check Wikipedia.
Here’s what I promise to not lose:
- My sense of humor.
- My appetite.
- My mind. Here’s hoping.
STAY POSTED FOR CUTE KID PHOTOS!
No more checking YouTube for cute cat videos!**
Just check in with me!
**although those darned Scottish Fold kittens sure are adorable....