Sunday, May 13, 2012

OWLS FROM TOWELS!

We go through a lot of paper towels at our house. I wish I could say I was able to find something better and more environmentally friendly in my kitchen and my art room but I have yet to do so. But I try using tiny pieces when I can and I reuse all the paper towel cardboard inserts. My drawer of towel rolls was starting to overflow and I thought it time to put some to good use.

A lot of people cut theirs down (or use toilet paper rolls instead) and press in the tops to create animal ears for crafting. But when I say I had a LOT of rolls I do not exaggerate. So we had to find some additional use for the cardboard so I could clear out more of the drawer. Not to mention the drawer of frozen food trays that are not accepted at our local recycling center but do make great paint palettes and water bowls.


I set my Preschool kids to the task of using these supplies and they loved following the steps.
Cut one of your two rolls! Crush in the top!
Poke holes in the side of both rolls!
Crumple that green paper!
That's right, shove the stick in the hole! I promise it will turn into something!
Don't touch that glue gun, it's hot! Just show me where you want the glue...

              VOILA! OWLS FROM TOWELS! 






And I was even able to clear my yard of some sticks!


No comments:

Post a Comment